Sunday, November 1, 2009

sunday salon: the week in review


It was a busy week, and I didn't get very much reading done.

Currently reading: Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. I was thrilled when Her Fearful Symmetry came in for me at the library this week. I'm only a quarter of the way through it, but I am really enjoying it so far. I haven't read Niffenegger's first novel, The Time Traveler's Wife, but I loved her two illustrated novels: The Three Incestuous Sisters and The Adventuress.

Books finished this week:
  • The Sound of Language by Amulya Malladi
Books reviewed this week:
Books received for review:
  • The Fifth Servant by Kenneth Wishnia
  • Hard Work by Roy Williams
The coming week:
In preparation for the new round of Cybils winners, I'm reading last year's finalists and winners in each category to see if I would have voted differently than the panel. This week I'll feature each of the five finalists and bring you my verdict on Saturday.  

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are enjoying Her Fearful Symmetry. It's in my TBR pile for this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!