Sunday, December 20, 2009

sunday salon: travel reading



Originally, I intended to post my Favorite Books of 2009 today, but then I looked at the pile of books I have set aside for this week of train travel and vacation: The Graveyard Book, The Help, Wolf Hall, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Road, Gilead, and I thought making such a list would be premature. (I'll post my true Favorite Books of 2009 on January 1.)

Facing twenty-four hours of train riding (each way), I put far too much thought into what books to take, as I always do. Truthfully, the pile will probably change a few more times. Thank you to the friends and book bloggers who offered recommendations. Whether I take the time to always comment or not, I so enjoy reading book blogs. This week I'll be mostly offline, but I'll still post a few reviews, glance at my email, and read a few of my favorite book blogs. Everything else will be there after Christmas.

Happy Holidays and Happy Reading!



3 comments:

  1. Your stack of books sounds great. The Graveyard Book is good book. I've been wanting to reread it for the longest. Maybe I will today. :-) Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid to post my favorites as well, in case I find another winner...LOL

    Safe travels and enjoy your train-reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!