sunday salon: travel reading



Originally, I intended to post my Favorite Books of 2009 today, but then I looked at the pile of books I have set aside for this week of train travel and vacation: The Graveyard Book, The Help, Wolf Hall, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Road, Gilead, and I thought making such a list would be premature. (I'll post my true Favorite Books of 2009 on January 1.)

Facing twenty-four hours of train riding (each way), I put far too much thought into what books to take, as I always do. Truthfully, the pile will probably change a few more times. Thank you to the friends and book bloggers who offered recommendations. Whether I take the time to always comment or not, I so enjoy reading book blogs. This week I'll be mostly offline, but I'll still post a few reviews, glance at my email, and read a few of my favorite book blogs. Everything else will be there after Christmas.

Happy Holidays and Happy Reading!



Comments

  1. Your stack of books sounds great. The Graveyard Book is good book. I've been wanting to reread it for the longest. Maybe I will today. :-) Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid to post my favorites as well, in case I find another winner...LOL

    Safe travels and enjoy your train-reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley