sunday salon: week in review & the new art history challenge


First, the big news: Sarah is no longer able to host the Art History Reading Challenge, so I will be taking over the hosting duties for 2010. She already had a blog and buttons set up, so taking it over is a breeze. Look for the 2010 sign up post in the next few days. I'll post the a reminder here too!




Books read this week:
  • I finished and reviewed A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve. I really liked the book.
  • I read You Must Be This Happy to Enter by Elizabeth Crane, my favorite short story writer. My review will publish Tuesday.
  • I read David Small's harrowing graphic novel memoir, Stitches yesterday as part of the the Read.Read.Read-a-thon. My review will post Thursday.

Currently reading: 


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Now that the release date for the third in the Hunger Games trilogy has been announced, I'm finally ready to read the second one. Needless to say, I'm enjoying it so far.  



Movies seen:
  • For Friday night's dinner and a movie, I saw Precious. My review will post tomorrow.
Coolest part about being a book blogger this week: 
  • Receiving an ARC of Hell Gate, Linda Fairstein's latest Alexandra Cooper mystery. I'm a huge fan of this series, and now I don't have to wait until March to read it. Hooray!
Happy Reading!

Comments

  1. So excited about the Art History Reading Challenge. I'll definitely be on board for 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for hosting the challenge next year. It will be a lot of fun! I just read The Hunger Games, and am on the waiting list for Catching Fire - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are going to keep the Art History Reading Challenge going in 2010! I will definitely be signing up for it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching Fire is an awesome book, but we warned it has a HUGE cliffhanger, and after the cliff hanger I am like counting down the seconds towards the third one!


    -Eric
    http://themockingjay.vndv.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley