book review: Wedding Season by Katie Fforde

Wedding Season: A Novel
Last April, I had the joy of reading Katie Fforde's novel Wedding Season (thank you, interlibrary loan). Last week, Wedding Season finally made its U.S. debut with a lovely new cover. I'm reposting my review because it's been a year. If you're a fan of British chick lit, you must read Fforde. Enjoy!

I am a huge fan of Katie Fforde, and I'm in the midst of planning a wedding, so I eagerly awaited my copy of Wedding Season to arrive from interlibrary loan. As usual, Katie did not disappoint.
Wedding Season followed three friends: Sarah, a wedding planner whose secretly pregnant sister and a major U.S. movie star have decided to get married on the same day with only a few months notice; Bron, a hairstylist in an unhappy relationship; and Elsa, a talented dressmaker. The three consider themselves friends and co-workers of sorts, as they often work the same weddings.

It was refreshing to have three main characters, and thus three romances going on. Katie 
Fforde writes consistently delightful modern, British romantic comedy of manners novels. Her heroines always manage to be easy to relate to, yet inspiring and independent. It was refreshing to see these three learn to rely on one another and a few other helpful hands along the way.

As a bride to be, I appreciated all of the laborious details of weddings. I find novels about wedding planning infinitely more helpful than the actual wedding planning books I've read thus far! 

Rating: 4 stars (out of 5)
Pages: 432
Release date: March 16, 2010 (U.S. edition)
Source: Interlibrary loan, a British fiction reading woman's best friend

As an Amazon Associate, I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase through the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. LOL to the wedding planning! I hate reading books about wedding planning now because I'm so glad my wedding is over - it was so ridiculous to plan! This one sounds cute though, I love Brit chick lit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Otherwise Engaged by Suzanne Finnamore? I've not been married myself and I loved the book, but a friend who also read it (and loved it) was recently married and she said the book made her feel like she hadn't gone crazy during the planning process - that happens to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Brit Chick Lit! I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley