Book Blogger Appreciation Week


The third annual Book Blogger Appreciation Week will be held September 13-17, 2010. This year, bloggers have the opportunity to nominate (or self-register) for the awards.

I am self-registering for Best Literary Fiction Blog and Best Written Book Blog.

After quite a bit of thinking about what this blog is, I decided it is a literary fiction blog. It hasn't always been. I aim to review each book I read, and I've been a somewhat eclectic reader. When I took children's literature in the Spring of 2009, I became engrossed in children's and young adult literature and reviewed as many children's and young adult books as adult books. After taking a step back and deciding to read deliberately this year, this blog, too, has changed into a literary fiction blog. Literary fiction has been my favorite genre for years, and I don't think it's a surprise I'm finding my reading more satisfying and engaging since I returned to focusing on my favorite genre.

Here are my posts for Best Literary Fiction Blog:
The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
The White Woman on the Green Bicycle by Monique Roffey
A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

Here are my posts for Best Written Book Blog:
E-book pricing
Deliberate television watching
The White Woman on the Green Bicycle by Monique Roffey
Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain
A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore

Thanks!

Comments

  1. Good luck, I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I aam glad I found your blog -- thanks for participating in BBAW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley