a delayed Sunday Salon

I've been absent for awhile around here. It turns out I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy the heat. My computer hasn't been able to stay turned on. It thinks it's overheating and has taken to turning itself off before it can even finish turning on. I hope it can be fixed, but it's made it quite difficult to keep up with the blog. My husband and are both students, and we still manage to be a one computer (and one car) family. We've been talking about getting a netbook for almost a year now, and I think the time has finally arrived.

Once things are up and running again, I have so much to share with you. I can't wait to weigh in on tomorrow's Man Booker Prize long list announcement. I'm hosting a TLC Tour for Anna Menendez's engaging novel The Last War tomorrow. I hope to have review up soon for The Education of Bet, a beautiful, historical young adult novel by Lauren Baratz-Logsted, The Quickening, Michelle Hoover's promising debut novel, and Red Hook Road, the latest novel from Ayelet Waldman.
The Education of BetThe QuickeningRed Hook Road
Finally, if you've been reading this blog, you know how much I enjoy eating at my favorite Albany restaurant, New World Bistro Bar. Before I started working Friday nights, I loved to enjoy a film at the Spectrum Theatres and go next door for dinner. I hope to resurrect my Dinner and a Movie feature this summer, but in the meantime, I'm thrilled to report New World's chef, Ric Orlando, will be a contestant on Chopped tomorrow night. Chopped airs at 10 p.m. on the Food Network. It's always a fascinating show, and I'm excited to see how Ric does.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the computer woes. I was without laptop for the better part of three months, and I missed it, but it was also nice to be slightly more unplugged than usual.

    Looking forward to your upcoming reviews. Especially interested in The Quickening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andi - I confess, I didn't miss my computer much initially. I found I read more, did more and really only missed a few blogs. After about a week, however, I really missed blogging and putting my thoughts about what I was reading into words. I do hope the absence of computer will leave a little perspective on distance from my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley