BBAW Interview Swap

Today's celebration of Book Blogger Appreciation Week is the interview swap. I was partnered with Kristi from Kristi's Book Nook. You can find Kristi's interview of me today on her blog.

Why did you start blogging about books? 
I love childrens books. I write childrens books and submitt work all the time. I read with my nephew and he would always come home from school with a new book to share. From that I just started writing reviews about them.

What is your favorite things about blogging? 
I love blogging about reading. Anything that will get a parent or child interested in reading I am all for it. I blog because I love self expression. Since all of my blogs are different I can express myself in many ways. It's fun.

Your blog highlights children's books. Do you read other types of books too?
I love to read detective and sci-fi type books. I love scary books too. I am a big fan of Stephen King, John Sanford, James Patterson and F. Paul Wilson.


You're also a writer. How has your book blog impacted your writing? 
My blog has impacted my writing. In January of this year I decided to take my writing seriously. Since then my blog has been viewed by so many people it forced me to get better at my writing and to really pay attention to how I do my reviews. As a result of that I do reviews for the National Writing For Children Center, Tiger Tales Books and I just did two review for Sylvan Dell authors.

You're currently enrolled in the Insititue of Children's Literature. Tell me how that experience has been for you. 
The ICL has forced me to really look at my writing and how it is structured. There are a lot of rules for writing picture books and so I still have a lot to learn. So far, it has been a really good learning experience.


Tickle MonsterTickle Monster is your favorite book. What sets it apart from the other books you've read?
I love the way the words roll off the tongue. I anticipate each page and it is just a really fun read. The kids love it and it forces you to interact with the book and them.

You live in Overland Park, Kansas, where I used to live. How does your location impact your blog? Have you discovered other Kansas City-area bloggers? Are there interesting literary festivals, events or author signings you frequent? 
I have encountered a lot of KC bloggers. I don't think it matters where you are located, blogging is blogging. I love literary festivals and do attend them if at all possible. I plan to attend some author signings next week.


Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, Kristi! You can find Kristi's interview of me at Kristi's Book Nook.
As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. This is great. Thanks for putting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love blogging about reading. Anything that will get a parent or child interested in reading I am all for it. "

    yay for you, Kristi!

    Good interview!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson