Sunday Salon: Boston Book Festival!

I'm sure those of you who participated in yesterday's 24-hour read-a-thon are in recovery. I wasn't able to participate this time, but I still managed to get in some reading yesterday. I'm currently loving Zoe Ferraris's debut literary mystery, Finding Nouf. I've been on quite a mystery kick lately. There's something about the cooler temperatures here in the northeast that makes me want to read mysteries.

It's award week!
If there were ever a week made for book lovers, this week might be it.
  • Tuesday: the Booker Prize winner is announced (my mystery reading kick has kept me from finishing the nominees, but I'm looking forward to the announcement!)
  • Wednesday: the National Book Award finalists are announced (the next reading challenge!)
  • Friday: mystery lovers rejoice--the Barry Award & Macavity Award winners are announced 
  • Saturday: Boston Book Festival!
Boston Book Festival
Saturday I'll be venturing to Boston for the Boston Book Festival, and I'm really looking forward to it! The line-up of authors and events is amazing. I'm hoping for good weather, but I'm sure it will be a wonderful event even if it rains. I'll do my best to take pictures and recap all the sessions for you next Sunday.

Are you going to the Boston Book Festival? I'd love to meet up!

Happy reading!

Comments

  1. Can't wait to hear all about the Book Festival ... sounds like it will be a great time.

    I really enjoyed Finding Nouf. Glad to hear you are liking it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about the winner of the Booker being announced this week. So hoping it goes to Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't wait to hear about the book festival - I hope it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to be that time of year--festivals and awards all around. This weekend we're headed to Austin for the Texas Book Festival. Will be my first and am excited!

    I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley