Waiting on Wednesday: Tabloid City by Pete Hamill

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to highlight an upcoming release we can't wait to read.
Tabloid City: A Novel
My pick this week is Tabloid City by Pete Hamill. I didn't pick this novel because he is a favorite author of mine, but I did pick it because Pete Hamill has been an author I feel like I should read for fifteen years now. So many of his books have sparked my interest, but there's something I find almost intimidating about him that prevents me from doing so. Still, I seem to be a reader obsessed with the new, so a new Pete Hamill novel seems the perfect place to start with his works.

Here's the description: "In a stately West Village townhouse, a wealthy socialite and her secretary are murdered. In the 24 hours that follow, a flurry of activity circles around their shocking deaths: The head of one of the city's last tabloids stops the presses. A cop investigates the killing. A reporter chases the story. A disgraced hedge fund manager flees the country. An Iraq War vet seeks revenge. And an angry young extremist plots a major catastrophe.

The City is many things: a proving ground, a decadent playground, or a palimpsest of memories-- a historic metropolis eclipsed by modern times. As much a thriller as it is a gripping portrait of the city of today, Tabloid City is a new fiction classic from the writer who has captured it perfectly for decades."
Tabloid City will be released May 5, 2011 by Little, Brown and Company. You can pre-order it from Amazon or an independent bookstore now.

Shop Indie Bookstores

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so happy to have found yours, as I have enjoyed reading many of your posts and will definitely be back :)

    I read Snow in August many years ago, and loved it. For some reason I can't really identify, I never got around to reading another one of his books. This one sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this does sound kind of intimidating! I hope that you get the chance to read it and report back that there is nothing to fear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I might have missed so i'm really glad you posted it! Looks really awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley