Waiting on Wednesday: I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive by Steve Earle

 Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine 
to highlight an upcoming release you can't wait to read. 

I'll Never Get Out of This World AliveMy pick this week is I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive by Steve Earle. Those who know me know I've had a long love of Steve Earle. He's one of my favorite singer-songwriters, and his album Transcendental Blues remains one of my all-time favorites. Bonus point: my favorite song on Transcendental Blues, "I Don't Want to Lose You Yet," was the first song my husband and I danced to at our wedding. (Yes, we did get married at the Country Music Hall of Fame Research Library, and I think Steve and Hank Williams would be proud of the first dance song choice there.)

When I read this week's Library Journal Pre-pub Alert, I actually squealed when I read that Steve Earle had a novel coming out in May. The description sounds amazing too: 
"One of the last people to see Hank Williams alive and said to have given him that last, fatal dose of morphine, Doc Ebersole is living in a cheap room in San Antonio’s red-light district and doing the odd medical patch-up (he’s lost his license). Oh, and he’s haunted by Williams’s ghost, which is none too happy when Doc starts doing better after he treats Mexican immigrant Graciela, who has a miraculous healing touch."
The country music fans will recognize the title of the novel as the title of a Hank Williams song too.

I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive will be published May 12, 2011.

Pre-order it through Amazon or an independent bookstore.

Shop Indie Bookstores

Comments

  1. Oh, this one sounds unique and compelling...thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley