It's readathon time!

Happy Fall Read-a-thon! It's a day to take 24 hours (or if you're like me, no more than 12-18 are physically possible) to read, participate in mini-challenges and win prizes.

I'll be in and out this morning, but I hope to spend my afternoon reading. To the left are my stack of possible books. I have three guidelines for picking readathon books: variety, brevity, and variety. My stack has a mix of nonfiction, graphic narratives, historical fiction, short stories, novellas, contemporary fiction, and science fiction. I also have all four in Lois Lowry's  Giver series on my Kindle and am currently devouring Tracy Chevalier's forthcoming novel about the Underground Railroad, The Last Runaway, which won't be out until February.

If you want to see what I'm up to during the read-a-thon, please visit my tumblr. I'll be back with a Sunday Salon post tomorrow to catch you up on my day and what's to come next week.

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. I have Blankets on my pile, too! Hope you have a wonderful day of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a stack of books! Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having a successful readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Firmin. I love it! There are other faves in your stack too, but my heart leapt when I saw him there! Happy read-a-thon-ing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your stack of books! Hope you are having a great time reading.
    #cheerSweetarts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see Comfort and Joy on your stack - did you get to it at all? I read it over the holidays last year and thought it was a light fun read especially if you like "Brit Lit"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man! I am so jealous of everyone who can participate in this every year. One of these years it's going to fall on a weekend I can play along too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I know you have a Tumblr??? I don't think so. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the entire thing. I am just so damn busy. I hope you had fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley