The Backlist Book Club: July 2013 pick is Affinity by Sarah Waters

The Backlist Book Club logo
The July 2013 Backlist Book Club selection is Affinity by Sarah Waters.

Affinity held the lead for the first two weeks of voting, but Fingersmith had a surge of votes this weekend. In the end, it was not enough to win. Affinity never lost it's lead. Here's the full voting breakdown:
  • Affinity: 43%
  • Fingersmith: 36%
  • The Night Watch: 21%
  • Tipping the Velvet: 0% (I hope the lack of love for TtV means you've all already read it!)
Here's how it works:
You have all month to read the book. I'll be reading it in the next two weeks and will review it around the middle of the month--that also serves as your reminder to read it before the end of the month. On Wednesday, July 31, I'll host a discussion of the book here. The Twitter hashtag is #BacklistClub. Participate as much or as little as you like. If you'd like to post about The Backlist Book Club, grab the button and go!

Are you in? Get the book! Buy Affinity from an independent bookstore, the Book Depository or Amazon (Kindle edition.)

Want more? Visit Sarah Waters' website.

What's coming next? The August vote for The Backlist Book Club will post Sunday, August 14. Voting will go until noon on July 31.

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. Squeee! More incentive to get this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! I read Affinity last year and it was a great gothic story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you loved it, Melissa. I've heard some say it's her worst book (as though that means much with an author this good!)

      Delete
  3. Great idea! I can't fit this in this month, but I'll keep my eye out for future reads. I've only read The Little Stranger so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I'll look forward to your participation in the future.

      Delete
  4. Ok, this is the only one I don't have in my library! I love her work and need to get into something. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson