I'm constantly setting, breaking and revising reading goals. I spend a lot (too much?) of time thinking about what kind of reader I want to be. I'm not claiming I have the answer for all time, but I have a good answer for now:
- I want to read what strikes my fancy, while keeping an eye on the prize lists. I don't want to force myself to read prize listed titles I'm not interested in or feel guilty for not reading entire lists.
- I want to read more than I do now, and I know part of that is always wanting to be reading the book I'm currently reading (or listening to.)
- And I want to (eventually) make my life goal of reading every title longlisted (or shortlisted or that wins) the Baileys Prize (formerly Orange Prize.)
- What Was She Thinking by Zoe Heller
- Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout
- What Was Lost by Catherine O'Flynn
- The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak
- The Wilderness by Samantha Harvey
- Official and Doubtful by Ajay Close
If it continues to work well for me, I'll share 4-5 titles each month.
Now tell me:
- Want to join me with any of my 2015 Baileys Backlist Book Bucket List picks?
- What's on your 2015 Book Bucket list?
As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!