Sunday Salon: Baby, It's Cold Outside!

The Sunday Salon.comI adore winter, but our current weather is getting a bit too cold for even me. When I woke up this morning, it was below zero, with windchills making it feel like it was -25. It's the perfect day to stay inside and read. Or clean, which should be done, but I doubt it will be done. I'm treating myself to the forthcoming twelfth Maisie Dobbs mystery, Journey to Munich, which I started earlier this week and hope to finish today.. My review won't post until March 29th, the book's release date, but it's a gripping read. I hope to finish during Hawthorne's nap(s) today, even though it means my next Maisie experience is back to being too far away..

I'm having a fantastic reading and blogging year so far. Despite January being my busiest month at work, I've managed to read seven books already this month, and I hope to finish the eighth today. I've also been keeping up with the blog and posting every day, at least partially thanks to the large review backlog I started the year with.

This week on the blog: I have four reviews of new releases, and I expect when the Tournament of Books shortlist is (finally!) announced on Wednesday, I'll weigh in with my thoughts.

  • Monday: American Housewife by Helen Ellis
  • Tuesday: My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
  • Wednesday: The Expatriates by Janice Y.K. Lee
  • Thursday: Tournament of Books thoughts
  • Friday: Your Heart Is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa
Now tell me: what are you reading and doing today?


As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson