children's book review: georgia's greatness


Georgia's Greatness is the third in the Sisters 8 series. This book takes place in March (seeing a trend here?), and it's Georgia's month to discover her gift and talent. For some reason, this book incorporates fantasy, and I love it, while I took a little fault with the second one. I won't spoil the surprise of Georgia's talent, although I will tell you it's even cooler than Durinda's. The highlight of this book is seeing the eights truly come together to figure things out and get themselves out of a jam. They seem to be getting smarter, more sensible and more self-confident, and it makes them that much more enjoyable to read.

I realize I'm not the target audience, but the there is a two-page soliloquy (if you will) about The Waltons that had me laughing for hours (even nomadreaderboy loved it).

Georgia's Greatness is at least as good, if not better than Annie's Adventures. This series is a true delight to read.

Rating: 4 stars (out of 5)

Comments

  1. I am always on the lookout for books to add to my daughter's growing library and haven't seen these books yet. Thanks for the review...I'll start with the first one. And I love the cover art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this kind review. I - and Greg and Jackie! - are all thrilled with the attention you've shown our series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson