Waiting on Wednesday: City of Veils by Zoë Ferraris

 Jill at Breaking the Spine hosts Waiting on Wednesday each week to encourage book bloggers to spotlight an eagerly anticipated upcoming release.
City of Veils: A Novel 
My pick this week is City of Veils, a follow-up from Zoë Ferraris, author of Finding Nouf . Here's how the publisher describes this novel:
In this riveting sequel to her critically acclaimed debut Finding Nouf, Zoë Ferraris weaves an intricate plot of mystery and suspense, exploring the complexities and contradictions of life in Jeddah, a place caught between its role as the holy gateway to Mecca and a cosmopolitan city in an increasingly liberal world. City of Veils follows Nayir, Katya, and Osama as they unravel the connections between the murder of Leila Nawar and the disappearance of Eric Walker, while coming to terms with their own views of the strictures and tenets of Islam.
Zoë Ferraris moved to Saudi Arabia in the aftermath of the first Gulf War to live with her then husband and his extended family of Saudi-Palestinian Bedouins, who had never met an American before. She has an MFA from Columbia University and is the author of one previous novel, Finding Nouf. She lives in San Francisco.
 Finding Nouf has been on my radar for far too long, and I cannot wait to read it and City of Veils.

City of Veils will be published August 9, 2010 by Little, Brown and Company, but you can pre-order it now.

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of this author before, but she's certainly led an interesting life, and the book sounds fantastic. Nice choice!

    My WoW pick is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intriguing novel. Thanks for sharing! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that one you get your book, that you enjoy it. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I STILL have to read Finding Nouf...and I have a signed copy sitting on my shelf. I'm seriously lagging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for mentioning this book, as I was unaware of it and I did enjoy Finding Nouf.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley