Waiting on Wednesday: The Lovers by Vendela Vida

 
Jill at Breaking the Spine hosts Waiting on Wednesday each week to encourage book bloggers to spotlight an eagerly anticipated upcoming release.
The Lovers: A Novel 

My pick this week is The Lovers by Vendela Vida, who is perhaps best known for the novel Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name and writing the screenplay for Away We Go with her husband, Dave Eggers. I'm a huge fan of her fiction, nonfiction and the film. I couldn't locate a description yet, but I did find two fantastic endorsements from great writers:
"Vendela Vida's The Lovers is a spare and haunting meditation on how travel can bring us full circle back to the place from which we should have started. I read it over two days and dreamed about it the second night." (Francine Prose, author of Goldengrove )

Vendela Vida writes with elegance and economy. In this engrossing novel, she has managed to combine a stingingly acute portrait of grief, a moving meditation on love (both filial and romantic) and a page-turning adventure. (Zoe Heller, author of The Believers)
My love of travel is built right into my blogging name along with my love of reading. I cannot wait to read this novel.

The Lovers will be published June 22, 2010 by Ecco, but you can pre-order it now.

Comments

  1. That cover is really beautiful!

    The story sounds really engaging as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so loved this author's last book. Thanks so very much for bringing this pick to my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley