Sunday Salon: Moving

Happy Sunday Monday, everyone! Things have been a bit quiet at the blog here because Mr. Nomadreader and I moved into our very own apartment for the first time. Yes, after five years together, we've always managed to live with (fantastic) roommates, housemates or our parents; it was time to strike out on our own. Yesterday, we moved the furniture and are happily settling into our lovely apartment. We were blessed with gorgeous spring weather yesterday; it was 60 degrees and sunny. Today? Yes, it's snowing again.

I am so in love with our apartment. My favorite part: a reading nook off the living room where we're putting two chairs. I will spend so much time in the overstuffed one reading with my feet propped up on the ottoman. Soon, I will return to my reading of the Orange Prize longlist and be writing reviews with all of thoughts. I'll post pictures of it soon enough (once I find the box with the camera in it, perhaps.) Packing and moving has severely cut into my reading time, reviewing time and time to visit other blogs, but I'm hoping things get back to normal this week.


The Seas: A NovelI've been reading The Seas by Samantha Hunt, which is on the Orange longlist. I like it. When I'm reading it, I'm engaged (although more with her writing and than the characters at this point). When I'm not reading it, I don't find the urge to pick it up instead of packing (and now unpacking), so I'm not making as much progress as I would like. I'll reserve my final judgment until I finish it, but I hope to have a review of it up later this week. 

In the meantime, I'll do my best to get back into a reading and blogging groove. Happy Sunday Monday!

As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on moving into a new place with your honey! I love that it has a reading nook as well, and would love to have one of those. I hate moving, and have gotten my husband to agree that when we move, my only job is to pack boxes. I don't have to lug them anywhere, and everyone else has to help me unpack. It's a pretty sweet deal, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new home! The reading nook sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the move! That is such an important step in a relationship - so exciting :-) I hope that you settle in quickly.

    I hope you find your next Orange more gripping. Have a lovely week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new place. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you!! Having your own space is so nice, isn't it? Your reading nook sounds lovely, too. I'm sure you'll get much use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Carrie - on the new place. Snow here today as well...sigghhhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your move - sounds like this was a momentous one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, a reading nook! I'm jealous! Congratulations on your new place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley