Waiting on Wednesday: Next to Love by Ellen Feldman

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to highlight an upcoming release you can't wait to read.

My pick this week is Next to Love, the upcoming novel from Ellen Feldman. I read Feldman's recent novel, Scottsboro, when it was shortlisted for the Orange Prize in 2009. It was one of my favorite reads of 2010, so I was thrilled to hear Feldman has a new novel coming out in July.

There's very little information about it yet, but Feldman's website offered this snippet: "When men go off to war, the lives of women and children change forever."

The publisher lists it as a historical family saga.

The only other information available is this glowing quote from Stacey Schiff: "a powerful, haunting, deeply ambitious novel about love and war, impeccably executed, impossible to put down."

Next to Love will be published by Spiegel & Grau on July 26, 2011. You can pre-order it from an independent bookstore, the Book Depository or Amazon. It's also available on the Kindle.
As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. I love historical family sagas, and love then even better when they deal with the repercussions of war, so this one sounds like it might have to go on my list. I will be interested in hearing what you think of it when you do read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this author before; I am off to check out Scottsboro since it was one of your favorite reads last year.

    I also like historical sagas, so I will want to learn more about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Historical family saga"...sold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds great! I've read this author, but not in awhile. This one's going on the list!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always great when an author whose first book you really liked comes out with another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reminding me that I still need to read Scottsboro. I ordered it from the library when it was longlisted for the Orange Prize, didn't have time to read it before it was called back, and have been waiting for it to reappear ever since.

    As for this one, I'm not taken by the title or the cover, but I can imagine the reight author doing something great with the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Feldman. I'll definitely be looking out for this book. I love historical sagas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This author is new to me, but I do like the sound of this one. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley