Waiting on Wednesday: Murder Season by Robert Ellis

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to highlight an upcoming release you cannot wait to read.

Murder Season
Robert Ellis is my favorite mystery writer. Period. He's criminally under-appreciated. Yesterday, when I heard he has a new novel (the third Lena Gamble mystery) coming out, I squealed. My eyes teared up. (I'm serious; it's been almost three years since The Lost Witness, which I named the best book of 2009. City of Fire was the best book I read in 2007 (admittedly before I really started keeping track.) As I said in my review of The Lost Witness, "it's refreshingly rare to find both a great writer and a great suspense storyteller in one."(I enjoyed his two pre-Lena Gamble novels,Access to Power and The Dead Room, too, but not quite as much.)

Minotaur will publish Murder Season on December 6, 2011, which gives you plenty of time to find and read City of Fire and The Lost Witness before then. Do it.

Treat yourself! Buy City of Fire from Amazon (only $6.99 for the Kindle version) or an independent bookstore. Read it. Then buy The Lost Witness from Amazon (also only $5.99 for the Kindle version!) or an independent bookstore. Then pre-order Murder Season from Amazon (Kindle version) or an independent bookstore. Then thank me.

As an affiliate, I receive a very, very small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. Ooooh -- a new-to-me author -- with praise from you -- I'm so there! Looking now -- thanks for pointing Ellis out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any suspense, really, but if I do in the future, I'll be sure to check out Ellis. Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I have never read this author but do enjoy good mysteries from time to time. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that he is coming out with another book for you to love. I am going to have to check these out. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley