Sunday Salon: February goals

Happy Sunday! I've finally emerged from the haze of January and (almost) feel back to normal. Teaching a three-credit course in three weeks was satisfying, invigorating and exhausting. I loved it, but I'm also glad it's over. I'm already enjoying having more time to read and blog again (there will be reviews posted this week!)

I only managed to read six books in January, so I'm hoping February will give me time to catch up and get back on track with my reading priorities this year. I'm pleased to have finished one novel already this month and plan to finish a collection of short stories today. The early months of 2013 are featuring a huge number of new releases I'm looking forward to digging into. If everything goes perfectly (ha!), I hope to read these fifteen (!) books this month:

  • Revenge: Eleven Dark Tales by Yoko Ogawa (I hope to finish it this afternoon)
  • The Midwife's Tale by Samuel Thomas
  • The Autobiography of Us by Aria Beth Sloss
  • All That I Am by Anna Funder
  • The Dinner by Herman Koch
  • Wise Men by Stuart Nadler
  • Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell
  • Romancing Olive by Holly Bush
  • Ghostman by Roger Hobbs
  • The Love Song of Jonny Valentine by Teddy Wayne
  • See Now Then by Jamaica Kincaid
  • Benediction by Kent Haruf
  • Schroder by Amity Gage
  • Ten White Geese by Gerbrand Bakker
  • The Beggar's Opera by Peggy Blair
I also hope to get caught up on reviews from 2012 and January, plus keep up with reviewing all of these books. While my reading plans never seem to go quite as I expect, my biggest hope is to return to my usual pace of reading about three books a week. 

Now tell me: What are your plans for February?



Comments

  1. Good luck with that ambitious pile of books this month! I'm about to settle down with a cup of green tea and decide on my own pile for February... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I hope you have a wonderful reading month!

      Delete
  2. You have some great sounding reads planned for Feb. A few are on my list as well; enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I hope we both enjoy those shared titles!

      Delete
  3. Hope you enjoy The Beggar's Opera and looking forward to your review! Cheers, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Peggy! I'm really looking forward to The Beggar's Opera.

      Delete
  4. I can't WAIT to read your thoughts on Vampires in the Lemon Grove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling back to normal. And 15 books in one month … that is ambitious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley