book quickie: The Slanted Life of Emily Dickinson by Rosanna Bruno

book quickie: when I want to talk about a book, but I don't have much to say

Here's the description for this book: "America’s favorite recluse just got a life! With her distinctively funky drawing style and insightful wit, artist Rosanna Bruno presents a cross-generational Dickinson for the 21st century."

This book is a collection of different things, some of which shine brighter than others, and some of which I'm certain I didn't fully understand the references because of my limited knowledge of Emily Dickinson. It's fun, funny, and clever. It's also pretty short and could be read in a single sitting. It left me wanting more.



Rating: 4 out of 5
Length: 96 pages
Publication date: March 7, 2017
Source: publisher

Convinced? Treat yourself! Buy The Slanted Life of Emily Dickinson from Amazon (Kindle edition.)

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson