can i really read 100 books in 2009?

It's an ambitious goal to attempt to read one hundred books in 2009. I'm a full-time graduate student, and I work two part-time jobs. I only managed to read thirty books (and counting?) this year, but I'm setting my goals higher next year. New years inevitably call for more introspection, and reading is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Still, I perpetually find myself watching television or wasting away the hours reading blogs. I'd like to return to focusing on reading. There's now a lovely reading chair, makeshift footstool and light in my bedroom, and I plan to spend a significant amount of time in it next year. I'm a goal oriented person, and I hope setting this very public goal of reading one hundred books will help me accomplish it. My aces in the hole are that I'm taking both children's literature and young adult literature this year, and the reading lists for those classes will help push me to one hundred. If I don't make it, it's certainly not the end of the world, but if I don't try, I won't know. I may choose to read many long books for enjoyment that will deter me from this goal. As long as I'm reading more, I'm happy. Cheers to 2009.

1. Keep Your Mouth Shut and Wear Beige by Kathleen Gilles Seidel
2. Much Ado About Jessie Kaplan by Paula Marantz Cohen
3. Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein
4. Different Like Coco by Elizabeth Matthews
5. First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger
6. Flotsam by David Wiesner

Comments

  1. Just remember that ALL books count, including text books. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley