I've been looking forward to the FIRST Empire State Book Festival for almost a year now. It's conveniently happening right here in Albany on April 9 & 10, 2010. Even better: it's FREE. The New York Library Assocation has done a fantastic job putting this event together. I was already excited, but this week I discovered the list of authors who will be attending, and now I'm even more excited. In an attempt to lure you other northeasterners to Albany (during the read-a-thon, no less), here are the highlights:
- Karen Abbott, author of Sin in the Second City
- Brunonia Barry, author of The Lace Reader
- Andy Borowitz (one of the funniest people on Twitter, among tother things).
- David Ebershoff, author of The 19th Wife
- Masha Hamilton, author of 31 Hours
- Ann Hood
- Marilyn Johnson, author of the fabulous This Book Is Overdue!
- Sally Koslow, author of The Late Lamented Molly Marx (one of my favorite reads last summer)
- Gregory Maguire
- Julie Metz, author of Perfection
- Elizabeth Noble
- Cathleen Schine
- Da Chen
Doesn't this event sound wonderful? If you're coming, let me know. I'd love to show you all around Albany and organize a get-together.