Thankfully Reading 2011

When Thankfully Reading Weekend was launched two years ago, I wasn't able to participate much because I had to work most of the weekend (oh, graduate school...) This year, I'm blessed (truly) with a five-day Thanksgiving weekend, and I'm spending much of it reading. I'm also catching up on neglected review posts.

My plan
Seriously, waking up today and realizing it's only now the true weekend left me feeling relaxed, thankful and blessed. Mr. Nomadreader and I have planned a Mexican lunch out (festive, right?) followed by a matinee of The Descendents (review coming this week). I'm excited it's movie award season and all the films I'm most excited about are finally coming out. We plan to be back home and lounging on the couch before five o'clock. I'm hoping to finish Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah tonight. Then I'm excited to start A Bitter Truth, the third Bess Crawford mystery by Charles Todd. It came out at the end of August, and I've had my copy since then, but because it's set near Christmas, I've been saving it. I can't wait to glance up at our tree as I read.

Follow along
One of the best things about Thankfully Reading Weekend is the lack of structure. You can join in as little or as much as you want. I'm not sure how much I'll be tweeting as I read tonight, but you can follow all of the action at Jenn's Bookshelves and on Twitter with #thankfulreading. Happy Thankfully Reading Weekend!


As an affiliate, I receive a very, very small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. I haven't really been able to participate in this event, but may try to get some reading done later today after church. I love long weekends filled with reading, and I wish you the best with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some relaxation time in. I took today off to enjoy it just a wee bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't participate in the event but I must say, you got my attention at "Mexican Lunch." I love Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley