Wrapping Up October 2012

In the past week, I feel like I'm finally getting back into a routine with my reading. It feels so good to enjoy the pieces of my day I carve out for reading (and blogging) rather than being restless and distracted. Sadly, I only managed to read six books in October. Even worse: I only reviewed one of them! I can tell you I enjoyed all of the books I read; all six were at least 4-star reads. I'll be posting reviews soon (and catching up on some lingering reviews from August and September too!)
  Here's what I read in October:



Beautiful Lies by Clare Clark (my review)
The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier (coming January 2013)
Astray by Emma Donoghue



Ten Thousand Saints by Eleanor Henderson
Angel's Tip by Alafair Burke
A Possible Life by Sebastian Faulks (coming December 2012)

What I'm reading now:

I just started Louise Erdrich's Plague of Doves, which was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 2009. Her latest novel, The Round House, which was named a National Book Award finalist, is a sequel of sorts to The Plague of Doves, so I'm reading it first. I'm also listening to Death of an Artist by Kate Wilhelm, a standalone mystery, on audio.

November goals
In November, I'm hoping to dig into the National Book Award list and make progress on my towering TBR. Honestly, as long as I can keep my reading mojo and get back to reading 10-12 books a month, I'll be happy.

Coming tomorrow: an announcement
Stop by tomorrow after 6 a.m. eastern for a special announcement of a new feature I'm beginning. I'm really excited about this undertaking and hope you all will join me on this adventure!

Happy Halloween!

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. Ooh, I didn't know that Chevalier has a new book coming out - I'm now looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your October is sounding very like my August in terms of number of books read/reviewed. I've sped up the reading now autumn is here, but I'm behind on the reviewing. I hope we both manage to catch up soon and I look forward to your special anouncement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween!

    I think reading six books is great! How was Ten Thousand Saints? Is it worth reading? I hope November turns out to be a great month of reading for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, looking forward to your announcement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the audio of Plague of Doves a lot, and just finished The Round House which was great as well. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't reviewed much of what I've read this past month either because I'm been so intent on finishing up my RIP titles that I haven't had the chance. I hope to get to them in the next couple of days so I still have something to say about them all. I admire all you readers that can tackle so many at one time and that can finish so many in a month. I only finished 3 or 4 with being sick and working. Ugh. Looks like you got some great ones. And I didn't know that The Round House was a sequel so I need to get this one asap. My bf just recently surprised me with a copy of TRH and I was going to start reading it in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley