Sunday Salon: One month

The Sunday Salon.comOne month old!
Last weekend Hawthorne turned one month old. Six days later, I managed to actually take his one-month photos. This one is my favorite, even though his feet moved out of the frame:

Blogging:
Thanks to my parents watching Hawthorne for a few hours on the weekend, I can write my blog posts for the week and not think about them during the week, when things seem crazy busy despite Mike having two days off and me still being on maternity leave. Alas, time is flying, and in a few weeks I'll be back at work and wondering what I did with my maternity leave. Coming up on the blog this week: reviews of An Age of License by Lucy Knisley, Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, and Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott. Here's a preview: I only liked one of them.

Reading:
I'm still reading sporadically. Some days are great. Others are not. Mostly my ability to want to spend my downtime reading depends on how much sleep I've gotten. Thankfully, when Hawthorne has a low sleep day, he responds by sleeping a lot the next day (so far.) Today I hope to finish How to Be Both by Ali Smith. Then I may treat myself by starting the forthcoming Michael Connelly, The Burning Room (it's out November 3rd.) I think a fast-paced mystery is called for after Ali Smith. I'm off to enjoy the rest of my baby break with books. Happy reading!

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. One month already! Time definitely flies!

    I definitely lose my desire to read when I'm tired. When I realize I keep reading the same page without actually comprehending anything, it's time to take a nap, not read another chapter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It doesn't matter if it's a print book or an audiobook, I just can't concentrate when I'm too tired.

      Delete
  2. so cute! I am impressed with both the blogging and reading with a newborn to care for - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen! We'll see if it keeps up once I'm back at work in a couple of weeks;-)

      Delete
  3. What a cutie!!

    Sounds like you have a good schedule down for reading and blogging!

    I'm looking forward to your reviews and finding out which two you didn't like. :)

    Did you finish The Sparrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally going to read The Sparrow next...are you enjoying it?

      Delete
  4. Congrats on fitting in the blogging and living close to at least one set of grandparents!! Great to see the pictures! One month and six days is definitely still one month old. I'm going to guess that you liked Operating Instructions, but we'll find out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I don't think I read much for the first few months after having a baby as I was so tired I could only concentrate on light TV shows. Sounds as though you're doing really well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to believe it's been a month already!! He looks like a mover and a shaker so it's no wonder he moved his feet out of the frame ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a cutie! I believe that anything you can get done on top of keeping small people alive and happy is just icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley