movie review: indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull

In my effort to rewatch every episode of Sex and the City before that film comes out, I did not even attempt my goal to rewatch all three Indiana Jones movies. I admit, a few references went over my head, but Spielberg's heavy handed techniques clued me into most references.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is perhaps the perfect summer movie; it is purely entertaining cinema. The script was weak and rather nonsensical at some points, but I didn't stop to think about the plot until the movie was over. My attention was captivated the entire time. A fair share of this credit must go to Shia LaBoeuf, Karen Allen and the surprisingly agile Harrison Ford. It's no secret I think Shia LaBoeuf is perhaps the finest actor of my generation, and he will win an Oscar before he's thirty. There were some cringe-inducing lines he had to deliver, but I didn't actually cringe. He made bad dialog seem natural, as he did in Transformers.

On an unrelated tangent, how weird were the random close-ups of ground hogs?

Is it a great movie? Not really. Was it an absolutely fantastic movie watching experience? Absolutely. Will I see it again? Probably not in the theater, but when that sure to come Indiana Jones box set comes out, I will likely buy it.

Rating: 2.5 stars (really liked it)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson