Sunday Salon: Is This July?

It's a little after 9 a.m., and there's a chill in the air...in July. I'm in absolute heaven with these record-setting low temperatures. We have all the windows open, and I find myself wandering from room to room, enjoying our open house immensely. I hope the weather is just as divine where you are!

What I'm reading now
I'm hoping to finish Affinity this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm enjoying it immensely, but I've having trouble concentrating for very long when reading in print. (I don't blame the book.) Affinity is the Backlist Book Club pick this month, so I'll be reviewing it promptly as we're set to discuss it Wednesday.

For the first time ever, I'm racing through audiobooks more quickly than print or ebooks. I have developed an addiction to Candy Crush Saga, and I feel less bad about playing when I'm also listening to an audiobook.  I'm also listening while running errands, fiddling around the house, cleaning, and at the gym. I'm currently listening to Lauren Graham's debut novel Someday, Someday, Maybe, which she narrates herself. Up next: something from the ridiculously large stack of books. For as hard of a time as I'm having reading in print lately, the list of books I want to read next is far too long.

Backlist Book Club
It's a big week for the Backlist Book Club! Wednesday we're discussing Affinity, our July selection. You have a few more days to vote for our August selection. The votes are really tight between three titles: Small Island by Andrea Levy, On Beauty by Zadie Smith, and Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. The winner will be announced Thursday. Look for the September voting to begin on August 15.

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. Everyone I know is addicted to Candy Crush Saga -- perhaps I need to dip my toe in and not be the last person to the pop culture party!

    Can't wait for the covo about Affinity -- I lose lesbian street cred for being v cool on Waters' novels. I love them as miniseries but when reading them, I'm never quite enamored -- and Affinity was my least fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    Urdu Novels PDF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're having the same weather in Chicago. I was thrilled to see the humidity leave even if it did mean cooler temperatures.

    Half of my reading now is audio. My mp3 player is clipped to my pocket all the time. I'm amazed at how many mindless tasks I can do while listening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson