The 2014 Baileys Prize Shortlist

The Baileys Prize for Women's Fiction shortlist was announced yesterday afternoon. While I only managed to read five of the longlisted titles before the shortlist announcement, none of those five made the shortlist. I hope this means I'm in for many treats as I make my way through the shortlist:



Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
The Undertaking by Audrey Magee (U.S. publication September 2, 2014)
A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing by Eimear McBride (U.S. publication September 9, 2014)
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

I'm eager to read all six of these titles, and with the announcement of the winner two months away, I hope I'll have time to get to all six. I love the combination of three debut authors with three well-established authors, including one former winner. It's an intriguing shortlist, and I'm looking forward to digging in soon!

Now tell me: who is your pick to win this year's Baileys Prize for Women's Fiction?

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. I was so sure The Luminaries would be short-listed, so my predictions haven't had a great history so far...

    I've read Americanah, which I loved, and I'm part of the way through Burial Rites now. It's very good so far, so I'm not suprised to see it on the list. Will be picking up Goldfinch in the next few days, although it's size intimidates me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered the McBride and Magee from Amazon UK but have read the others. From the four currently available in the USA, I'd pick Adichie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley