A Love Letter to Daisy Jones & the Six

Dear Taylor Jenkins Reid,

I'm so glad Daisy's publication day is here and the world will get to enjoy it. I was lucky enough to get a galley of it last June and instead of saving it, I read it compulsively in a single day. I had high expectations, as The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo was my favorite read of 2017. I've been recommending it to a lot of people the past two years. And since June, I've been saying, "you read Evelyn Hugo, right? Her new book is even better. Pre-order it." I did too. I pre-ordered the audiobook because the cast is incredible: Jennifer Beals, Benjamin Bratt, Judy Greer, Pablo Schreiber, and more. I also chose it as my Book of the Month because I want a hardcover copy. I'm in good company, as Reese Witherspoon picked it for the Hello Sunshine book club this month. Plus she's making my dreams come true and making it a tv show. Daisy Jones & the Six is a book I want to read and listen to over and over and over. In fact, I'm officially bestowing my highest honor on it: for only the eighth time in my twelve years of blogging about books, I rated a book six stars out of 5. Welcome to my Hall of Fame, Daisy.

Favorite passages: "I had absolutely no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody.
End of fucking story."

"It is what I have always loved about music. Not the sounds or the crowds or the good times as much as the words--the emotions, and the stories, the truth--that you can let flow right out of your mouth. Music can dig, you know? It can take a shovel to your chest and just start digging until it hits something."

Rating: 6 out of 5
Length: 368 pages
Publication date: March 5, 2019
Source: publisher

Want to read for yourself? Buy Daisy Jones & the Six from Amazon (Kindle edition.)

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson