Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Jami Attenberg!

Two of my favorite things about having a blog, even one I don't post to nearly often enough lately, are:

1. Having a record of my thoughts on books for the last (almost) 13 years.

2. Making all the rules

These two favorite things converge in My Hall of Fame. There are two ways to get into My Hall of Fame. First, write a book I love so much that it defies my rating scale and earns 6 stars out of 5. Second, write (at least) two books I rate 5 stars. (Because I make the rules, authors can be in the Hall of Fame for both reasons.)

Today, I'm thrilled to induct Jami Attenberg into My Hall of Fame! Yesterday, I had the pleasure of reading her latest novel, All This Could Be Yours, in a single day. The novel itself takes place in a single day, so it was fitting to spend a day with this dysfunctional family and Jami's gorgeous writing. All This Could Be Yours is the second Jami Attenberg book I've rated 5 stars. The first was All Grown Up, which was one of my favorite reads of 2017. I already considered Attenberg one of my favorite authors, and one whose next book I always eagerly anticipate. I'd been waiting to read All This Could Be Yours so I could savor it in a single day, near the holidays. But it's also to know there's a book by an author you love that you have yet to read. I do, I realize, still have her first three books to read, as I started with The Middlesteins. One of my 2020 reading resolutions is to read more of the backlists (and in some cases frontlists) of my list of favorite authors and Hall of Fame authors.

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Jami Attenberg! I'm already eagerly awaiting your next book, but I'll try to patiently wait a few years while you write it.

Want to read Jami Attenberg? Buy her books from Amazon:

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. Noted! I’m always excited to see a new addition to your HoF. I wish my library had her newest book, but there are 3 older books to investigate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson