waiting on wednesday: If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It encourages bloggers to spotlight upcoming releases we can't wait to read!


Last April, there was an interview with Curtis Sittenfeld, who wrote my favorite book ever, American Wife, in the New York Times books blog, PaperCuts. In the interview, she mentions the best book she's read lately, an early copy of If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous, despite the fact it's coming out in 2010. Sittenfeld said the book's release "seems really far away, but I swear it's worth marking your calendar for." I did, and when it popped up this week, I was thrilled to rediscover it, and I still can't wait to read it. Her blurb quote running on Amazon is this: "I love, love, love IF YOU FOLLOW ME. It's fearlessly honest, occasionally heartbreaking, and extremely funny, and I can't recommend it highly enough." I'm sure there are plot descriptions out there, but I don't want to read them. I want the joy and humor of this story to unfold with surprise from day one. I think the cover is beautiful too!


I'm beyond excited for this novel, and March cannot get here quickly enough. I suppose it could, if Harper Perennial decides to send me an early copy! 

Intrigued? Preorder If You Follow Me: A Novel (P.S.) from Amazon today. As an Amazon associate, I will receive a commission from the sale if you purchase it through this link.

Comments

  1. Wow! I'll definitely be watching for this book. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a big Sittenfeld fan. Thanks for sharing about this book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley