Welcome to this hour's mini-challenge! I loved Trish's mini-challenge at the last read-a-thon showing where we all were actually reading, and it gave me the idea to make a map challenge showing where the book(s) we're reading today take place.
To enter this mini-challenge, you'll need to do two things:
1. Go to this map. (You must be signed into a Google account to post on Google maps. You can create a Google account if you don't have one.)
- Zoom until you find the location you want to click
- Click edit, which will give you the ability to add a pin mark.
- Enter the book(s) you're reading or have read today. Include the title and author. If you're reading in the past or future, feel free to include the year too! If you want to include your blog address (if you have one), please do!
- Click OK to add your pin.
- Click Done in the left side bar.
- Take a look around and see if others are reading near you or scout book recommendations set in other places.
2. Come back and leave a comment on this post telling me you placed your pin on the map. Please leave a way to contact you (blogger profile or link to your blog with email address are fine).
3. This challenge will last for three hours. At 8 p.m. Eastern I will draw three winners from the comments on this post with the help of random.org
4. Winners get their choice of one book from this list:
- The Last Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees(two copies, both ARCs)
- Very Valentine by Adrianna Trigiani (hardcover or paperback)
- Love in Translation by Wendy Tokunaga (paperback)
- Stand the Storm by Breena Clarke (paperback)
- Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts (paperback)
- American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld (paperback)
- Girl With a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (paperback)
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane (used mass market paperback)
- Corked by Kathryn Borel (hardcover)
- Ruined by Paula Morris (hardcover)
This mini-challenge has ended. Thanks to all who participated. Check out the finished map for future reading ideas!