Backlist Book Club has been phenomenal so far. I'm looking forward to many backlist adventures! I've been enjoying this month's pick, The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken this weekend. I'm hoping to finish it today. I also noticed the due date stamps in the book (yes, my library still stamps books with due dates). Seeing a book this good had not circulated since 1999 gave me pause. It makes me so happy to highlight a backlist titled each month and bring titles back to the forefront of conversations about books. I hope you'll join me in reading The Giant's House this month.
I'm also reading This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz. I'm only two stories in so far, but as everyone has said, it's quintessential Diaz. For me, that means I like it, but I'm not shouting from the rooftops about his brilliance. I'm curious how I'll feel by the end of the collection.
Coming up on the blog this week (edit: or maybe next week!):
- my review of Baby Brother's Blues by Pearl Cleage
- my review of the film adaptation of We Need to Talk About Kevin (I loved the book)
- my review of Defending Jacob by William Landay
- my thoughts on Chicago Fire
- my review of Ten Thousand Saints by Eleanor Henderson
- my review of The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf and its impact on my life
As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!