Making Lists


Readers of this blog know I have a thing  for making lists. For Christmas this year, I decided to participate in a bookish Secret Santa, and my favorite gift from Booksnob's Blog was this: Listography: One List a Day, A Three-Year-Journal. Each morning when I wake up, I look at that day's prompt. Some mornings I know immediately what I want to write for one or all of the lines on my list, but other mornings, I've been stumped. Three things I want to stay away from? After reading about nitrates in bacon, that was the first things I thought of. But two more? It took me all day. So far, I'm really enjoying the time I spent writing and thinking about my little lists each day. I'm excited to have this be my new habit, as it will be even more fun next year, when I can also look back at what I wrote each day this year. But perhaps my favorite thing about this book is that it's something I would never have discovered or bought for myself, yet it's the perfect little addition to my life and my days.

I also got some yummy chocolates, which I shared with my family, kitchen towels (one can never have enough!), and Girl Waits with Gun, which is a book I've been meaning to read since before it came out because it combines so many of my favorite things: historical fiction, a mystery, and fiction based on real women. I'll get to it soon, I hope.

Want to make your own lists each day? Buy Listography: One List a Day from Amazon (no Kindle edition.)

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. We have the Listography game! Great for the cottage. We like finding games we can all still sit around the living room playing. I'm going to look for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Listography! Thanks! My kids have three year journals and they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson