A new look (and the start of a new plan)

Why, hello there! I've been thinking more and more about how and when to use this space. I don't post, but I do think about posting. A lot. I also realized it's been years (many years) since I redesigned this space. As I've been home for over a month now, we've had (some) fun refreshing spaces in our house, so I took the time to rethink and modernize the design. I hope you like it!

I've been reading a ton this year too. I post all of my mini-reviews on Instagram and have a highlight on my profile of all 39(!) of my 2020 reads. The bookstagram community continues to be so fun and engaging, in many ways like the book blogosphere used to be. I love the in-the-moment conversations about books there, but I do want to maintain this space in some ways, as I want to write more and document my reading for myself. Even if no one is here to read my reviews, I like to look back on them. Here's what I'm thinking:
  • monthly recaps of all the books read in a month
  • full reviews of books I have a lot to say about
  • features or reviews of books I read as ARCs
  • brainstorming for Around the Year in 52 books picks each month
  • groups of mini-reviews grouped by theme, topic, or time
  • occasional posts on other topics I want to write about
First, I plan to write monthly recaps for the first three months of reading. I've been reading more from my own shelves this year, and it's made me realize I'm both reading more and liking the books I read more (for the most part.) 

Now tell me: what do you think of the new look? What kinds of posts do you most want to see here? Is anyone even still here?


Comments

  1. I'm still here! I think your plans sound great -- since we have similar tastes, I always enjoy seeing what you're reading. I want to get more involved with the Bookstagram community but can't figure out if I need a separate IG account or if I can integrate Bookstagram posts in with my regular IG posts -- if that makes sense. I'm @melissa.firman over there. (Already following you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the new look. Everyone seems to be posting less these days so whenever someone does post I get pretty excited. I just need riveting book recommendations. I have such a hard time focusing with all the news streaming every day so my reading choices have to be really good to compete.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson