book review: vision in white by nora roberts

I am one of the last people to read Nora Roberts. My soon-to-be mother-in-law loves her (as do many other people whose book taste I agree with), and I've been intending to read her for quite some time. When I heard about her wedding quartet series, I knew it would be the perfect introduction to her work. I've shied away from actual wedding planning books, but I have enjoyed many novels about wedding planning. The premise of the series is great: four lifelong friends have a wedding planning business. One is a photographer, one is a florist, one a pastry chef and one is the actual planner. Each book will be from a different point of view.

Vision in White features Mac, the photographer. Photography is one career I think I would love but will never actually do, and I immediately connected with Mac. She does some annoying things throughout the book (seriously, she's a strong woman the entire novel, but she can't stand up to her mother, an annoyingly caricatured character) that make it hard to root for her at some points. There was too a little too much drama for my taste, but overall, I enjoyed the book. I didn't necessarily Roberts' prose, but once I got to know the characters, I focused on the story rather than the writing and read the book quite quickly.

I'm looking forward to the second book in the series, Bed of Roses, which features the florist, naturally. and comes out October 27, 2009. I'm most curious to see how it will to see Mac as a minor character and if the other three transform into strong narrators over the quartet.

Rating: 3.5 stars (out of 5) - enjoyed it

For another review, see what SKrishna, a Nora Roberts fan, thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley