Dewey's read-a-thon: I'm in!

I've decided to join Dewey's read-a-thon this year. It's on a date that's pretty good for me, and I've had so much fun observing the blogs of those who have enjoyed it in the past.

My plan: I will aim to read for almost 24 hours, but I am not sure my body is capable. The read-a-thon starts on October 24 at 8 a.m. my time, which is perfect. I'm taking a break at noon to watch the KU-Oklahoma football game. I'll still read during commercial breaks, and if Oklahoma goes up by more than 28 points, I'll abandon the game and go back to reading. I hope to read from 8 a.m - 2 a.m., with a three-hour football-watching break. I will update twitter and my blog whenever I need a reading break.

What I'll read: I plan to do a little catching up on my Read Every Word list, a list of authors whose books I want to read all of; a little catching up on my "books I've been meaning to read for far too long pile"; and I plan to read books other bloggers with similar tastes have rated 5 stars. I'm also taking the advice of read-a-thon veterans and sticking to slightly fluffier books (I'll save Cormac McCarthy's The Road for another day).

Possible books:
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain
  • the next Sookie Stackhouse (I plan to read one on the plane next week!)
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff
  • L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
  • The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
  • Breaking the Bank by Yona Zeldis McDonough
  • No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
  • Watchmen by Alan Moore
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
  • Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
  • Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
  • The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
Read-a-thon veterans, what are your thoughts? I want a variety to choose from so I can read whatever I'm in the mood to read. After making this list, I wish the read-a-thon was this week!

Comments

  1. Looks like you've got a long list! The Hunger Games is on my read-a-thon list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't stand a chance of reading all of them, but I want variety! I hope to read two or three books, depending on the length of what I'm in the mood for that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh we share a book! (The Time Traveler's Wife) Well... it's on my "almost finished so might as well knock it out during the read-a-thon list". Also I'm not digging it too much, but hey, any excuse to be friends, right?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great stack! The Graveyard Book and Crazy Beautiful are great reads that are going to go by real fast. I'm thinking of adding Uglies to my list for the event also.

    The great thing about the read-a-thon is that it does get you so excited that you want to start reading now. Good luck and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have Uglies on my list too. It looks like it's a popular readathon choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good golly, I want to read almost every book you have listed. I'm reading the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. The library got it in for me today! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley