young adult book review: wake by lisa mcmann

Wake is the story of Janie Hannagan, a high school student who is uncontrollably drawn into the dreams of nearby people. While this power sounds cool, it means she must live other people's nightmares. When someone dreams nearby, she is sucked into it, which is extremely problematic when you're an otherwise normal teenager.

I enjoyed Wake. It's a fascinating paranormal concept, and Janie is a likable heroine. I felt her pain, fear and awkwardness and admired her strength and perseverance. My one complaint is the length; it's too short. I was left wanting more depth and story. Thankfully, there is a sequel out, Fade, which I hope to read soon.

Rating: 4 stars (out of 5)
Pages: 210
Publication date: March 4, 2008
Source: my local public library

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley