Sunday Salon: Maisie Mail

The Sunday Salon.comGood morning! It's a magical bookish time of year: the Bailey's Prize longlist was just announced, we're a week into the Tournament of Books (albeit an underwhelming set of brackets this year), the #Mockalong is in full swing, we're just over a month away from the Pulitzer Prize announcement on April 20, and the combination of Daylight Savings Time and early spring weather has me reading outside after work. I find myself reading more, talking about books more on Twitter, and generally feeling both bookish and connected right now. Amidst all of this, the highlight of my week this week may well be these two postcards that came in the mail:
I knew they were coming, and I still squealed with delight at this clever marketing idea. In anticipation of the release of A Dangerous Place, the latest Maisie Dobbs novel, on Tuesday, Harper sent Maisie Mail to a select number of bloggers. One post card is from Maisie herself (although not actually written to me--it's to her friend Priscilla) and one is to Maisie from her father's wife. The postcards themselves are beautiful. They evoke the time and place of their senders beautifully. For my review of A Dangerous Place and how these postcards fit into the novel itself, tune in Tuesday.

Now tell me: what are you reading today? When the nomadbaby naps, I'm alternating between To Kill a Mockingbird and Elizabeth Is Missing on my Kindle. When we're in the car running errands, I'm listening to The Bees on audio.

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. It's lovely to see such positivity! I hope life continues to be so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea to send those postcards! Love it. Have a good week. Will be interested in hearing about ELIZABETH IS MISSING. I need to read that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay--I finished it in a flurry of reading yesterday. Such a fun ride! Will review in the next couple of weeks.

      Delete
  3. Hi. Just wanted to let you know I love your blog here. I check in with you every week. I am currently reading "Us" by David Nicholls.

    Love reading about nomadbaby. You are a little more intellectual than I was when I was raising my four boys. Instead of reading, I watched All My Children and One Life to Live (soaps). Anyway, keep up the good work!!! I learn so much from your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mij! I hope you enjoy Us as much as I did!

      Delete
  4. I always follow the Tournament of Books every year but this year I am a little bored with it.

    What am I reading? The Book of Strange New Things. It's easy reading but has this odd tone to it that I can't put my finger on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley