Can I Stream It?

Confession: I really enjoy making color-coded spreadsheets. My reading spreadsheet is enormous and filled with past, present and future data. I also keep detailed film spreadsheets. Each year, when the nominations are announced for the film awards (I track Broadcast Critics, NAACP Image, SAG, Golden Globe, BAFTA, Spirit, and Oscars), my spreadsheet-loving heart gets so very happy. I used to spend hours (hours) figuring out how I could watch each nominated film and when.

Last week, my world changed. I discovered Can I Stream.It?
Not only does it cross-search all streaming platforms, it also tells you if its available for digital rental or purchase. It also tells you if it's showing on any of the pay movie channels. Or if it's available at Redbox. Best of all: you can set reminders for individual titles for whichever platforms you choose. Curious when "Orphan Black" Season 2 will be on Amazon? Set a reminder. Want to watch all of the documentaries nominated for awards this year? Set reminders (I did.) And I'm so in love.

Perhaps I should have spent more time looking for a service that would do all of this searching (I updated my film spreadsheet about every three months.) But I feel as though everyone should know and use this site. It just makes sense. I still love my color-coded film spreadsheet, but now I can spend so much more time watching those films than checking multiple platforms to see if they're available to watch.

This post is not sponsored. I just happen to love Can I Stream.It? and wished I knew about it earlier, so I'm writing about it to help spread the word.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this info. I've never heard of that website. Now, I'll definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love spreadsheets too and had never considered making a movie one but this is an AMAZING idea!! I'm gonna drive myself crazy making on now lol!! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley