Personally: An Anniversary Ode

Nine years ago today, I went out for drinks with some co-workers after work. I planned to call one of my best friends to wish her a happy birthday when I got out of work. Instead, after offering to drive the man who would become Mr. Nomadreader home from the bar (he lived a block and a half from the bar, and while it was February, we lived in Atlanta), we stayed up all night talking in my car. I knew we were talking a long time, but I couldn't believe we talked all night, but sure enough, the sun was starting to come up, and people were out jogging. And we haven't stopped talking, but we do manage to sleep a lot more than we did in those early months together.

Five years ago today, we got married (in a library, naturally):

This year, I find myself marveling more at the fact that we've been together for nine years than that we've been married for five years. Nine years. That's a quarter of my life (roughly.) 

So happy anniversary to you, Mr. Nomadreader. Celebrating with a snuggly, happy baby sure sets this year apart. And next year: we'll hit double digits. Woah.

As an affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. That's so sweet and wonderful! And so nice to have long conversations with your hubby! (They may come fewer and farther between as your baby grows up, but that's OK!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet and Happy Anniversary! Yes, to me, it's one of the best things in life to be married to my best friend. And he has been that for over 40 years. (We've been married for 34 of those.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great story of how you got together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love the story of how you got together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Love love stories and I adore the fact that you got married in a house of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! That's so sweet how you guys met - love it! Wishing you many more wonderful years of togetherness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this story! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley