readathon: update #3

The Read-a-thon is half-way over, and I'm having a great time so far!

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?

  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (on page 60)

2. How many books have you read so far?

  • The Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney & Rescuing Seneca Crane by Susan Runholt

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

  • I am absolutely loving The Hunger Games, but I'm looking forward to my next book too. Perhaps I'm most looking forward to reading two more books after The Hunger Games (it's a long shot given my usual reading pace!)

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

  • Nope. Saturdays are my day off, but I won't be able to read until 8 a.m. because I work Sundays.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

  • I've given myself several interrutpions: cooking meals and watching football!

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

  • How much the comments have meant to me. It's always nice to get comments, but I'm especially touched by the number of cheerleaders visiting and supporting me today. Thanks!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

  • Perhaps it's my my mood, but many of mini-challenges haven't appealed to me. Perhaps more variety and keeping more about books rather than sharing personal stories?

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

  • What I realized half way through the day: step away from the computer. I'm checking in at the top of the hour (or the end of the first chapter after the top of the hour), doing a mini-challenge, checking Twitter, then setting an alarm for the next hour.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

  • Nope, but I overslept this morning, so I'm not even to 12 hours yet.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

  • Relax, and enjoy yourself!

Comments

  1. Congrats on making it to the halfway point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing really well- I think it must help to give yourself well-timed breaks. Good luck with the second half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having fun! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games has been on my TBR list for a while. Hope you enjoy it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're doing a great job! Happy reading and good luck with the second half!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley