readathon: update #4

I'll do a final wrap-up post tomorrow, but faced with the option of starting a new book less than an hour before my goal finish time or going to bed, I'm choosing bed! I had so much fun, and I read three books: Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Rescuing Seneca Crane & The Hunger Games. I'll tally the pages for tomorrow's wrap-up post.

I didn't decide what or how to donate to charity before the read-a-thon, but it came to me during my second book: I'm donating to one of my favorite organizations: The Metropolitan Museum of Art in honor of my two favorite (fictional) teenage detectives, Kari and Lucas, and direct the gift to family and children's programming. I can't say enough great things about this series, and if you've read The Mystery of the Third Lucretia, you'll understand why this donation is indeed perfect. I like the idea so much, I hope to donate to an organization important to a character of a book I read each read-a-thon. Read it forward, indeed!

Comments

  1. GOOD NIGHT to you-- Isn't the time flying by? I am starting to feel exhaustion setting in, but blog-hopping is helping. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good night! You did a fabulous job :)

    I think for my donation I'm going to donate one book to the library for every book I read. Because I'm a poor graduate student, but I have plenty of books to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're coming up on the final quarter! You've done great so far-see it through to the end! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Five minutes left but I hope you had a blast reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You did great! Quite a few of us read The Hunger Games for this read-a-thon. I'm looking forward to picking up Catching Fire soon.
    Hope you're having a good, well-deserved sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a cool cause you've been reading for! It was my first time and I didn't choose to read for a cause but I wish I had thought of a museum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @gnoegnoe Instead of registering for gifts at our wedding, my fiance and I are asking for donations to our favorite museums too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley