Waiting on Wednesday: State of Wonder

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to highlight an upcoming release you can't wait to read. 

State of WonderMy pick this week is State of Wonder by Ann Patchett.

Here's the publisher's description:
"Marina Singh, who's given up her medical practice for the relative quiet of pharmaceutical research, finds her world upturned when she's suddenly sent to the Amazon. A field team there, working on a new drug, has been unresponsive for two years, and Marina's colleague Anders, who has gone to investigate, is reported dead. State of Wonder is an adventurous story of science and responsibility."
Booklist says, "Patchett captures not only the sights and sounds of the chaotic jungle environment but also the struggle and sacrifice of dedicated scientists."

State of Wonder will be released June 7, 2011, but you can pre-order it from Amazon in hardcover or for the Kindle.

As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you!

Comments

  1. That sounds good, I haven't read a book like that in a while!

    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read Ann Patchett...not sure why, just never have, but this one sounds like something that I would really like. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a rather good book. I am going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this book sounds stellar. I have a renewed interest in Patchett since I read her memoir, Truth and Beauty. I have yet to read any of her fiction (bad me!). Well, that's only sort of true, since I started and set aside Bel Canto. I have Run on my shelves somewhere, but this one sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like a great read, so I'll have to check it out. :) Adding it to my TBR list! Thanks for the recommend and visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That should be a good one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard that this one was coming out so soon. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I've yet to read any of her work so maybe this is a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've never read anything by this author, looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so looking forward to this one, too. Ann Patchett's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm intrigued. I'm adding this to my TBR list. There are way too many books coming out this summer that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not been disappointed by Ann Patchett yet -- great pick; hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

Sea State by Tabitha Lasley