Here are the guidelines for nominations:
1. The books must be published in 2011.
2. You may nominate up to five books per genre.
3. Anyone may nominate (except those who made a profit on the book, such as the author, publicist or publisher).
4. Nominations are open from September 1, 2011 until December 31, 2011 at 11:59 Pacific time.
There's no rush to nominate because you have until the end of December, but it is nice to start thinking about the five most outstanding new release books you've read in each category. I may not be able to nominate, but I'm still hoping readers nominate these books I've loved most this year:
- The Sweet Relief of Missing Children by Sarah Braunstein
- The First Husband by Laura Dave
- Untold Story by Monica Ali
- Next to Love by Ellen Feldman
- We Had It So Good by Linda Grant
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
As I was making this list, I couldn't help but notice all are women authors. I read more women authors than men, but my fall TBR list is overflowing with Fall 2011 literary releases, and many of those are written by men. I'll check in again in December with more wishes for the longlist.
What book are you rooting for in this year's Indie Lit Awards? Nominate it today!
As an affiliate, I receive a very, very small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!