Here's a breakdown of its stars:
- Daniel Day-Lewis plays an Italian movie director about to start shooting his latest film that has only a title, a crew and no script. He finds inspiration from the women in his life from imagined musical numbers of them singing.
- Fergie plays a prostitute from his youth.
- Nicole Kidman is the star of his film.
- Marion Cotillard is his wife, whom he met on a film.
- Sophia Loren is his mother.
- Dudi Dench is the costume designer.
- Kate Hudson is a writer for Vogue.
- Penelope Cruz is his mistress.
For me, this film came together more and more as it went on. By the last half hour, I loved the film, but I know it's not a film all moviegoers will enjoy. If you like music, see it. If you want to be absolutely wowed by a performance, rent it on dvd and watch Marion Cotillard's scenes. As a whole, the film is lovely, even if it feels uneven at times.It's not for everyone, but it is a film I adored.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Running time: 118 minutes
Release date: It came out on Christmas, and it's still in theaters. Here's a map showing where it's playing.
As an Amazon Associate, I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase through the above links. Thank you!