the undefeated royals

The Royals are undefeated this season. I likely won't be able to claim this very much longer, but a 7-1 victory over the Red Sox on opening day helped heal my college basketball-broken heart. I didn't see the game, although I fear I missed my one chance to watch the Royals on national television this season, but I saw the score last night. I then looked at the box score and saw that our defense held the Red Sox to only one run on eight hits, while we turned twelve hits into seven runs. I saw the Red Sox scored their only run in the first inning. I saw that Gil Meche, whom I imagine few outside of Kansas City have heard of, spanked Curt Schilling, whom even the casual fan can recite statistics for. I happened to read on espn.com Schilling has lost three straight against the mighty Royals. Meche lasted 7 1/3 innings, and he got better as the game went on. It's good to be a Royals fan. Happy spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson